Atmospheric Science (M.Sc.)
You are fascinated with amazing atmospheric phenomena like clouds, thunderstorms, or global waves? You are curious to understand weather and climate evolution and learn methods to predict their complex and chaotic dynamics? You are looking for a fusion of environmental science, physics, and computer science with a broad field of applications relevant to the society? These are just a few out of many good reasons to join the M.Sc. Atmospheric Science program at Universität Hamburg!
The Atmospheric Science study program is a study of physics with a special focus on the atmosphere. Our program focuses on research-oriented learning and offers individual specializations. Atmospheric Science is a degree program with
- fascinating topics: climate, environment, weather
- methodological diversity – computer simulations, satellites, physical theory
- great practical applicability – climate change, severe weather warnings, renewable energies
- study opportunities in all geoscience- and climate-related subjects as an interdisciplinary education
- direct access to international research on many different topics, which are covered by the multitude of research groups at the Meteorological Institute, the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology and the whole KlimaCampus Hamburg network.